Monday, December 11, 2006

Holiday Painting Fun
















Caroline and her good friend Ysa got together today to paint some Christmas ornaments. After about 20 minutes Caroline was done painting and off to search out toys. Unfortunately our playdate was cut short because Caroline was having a hard time learning to share and following the rules at her friend's house. Unfortunately for mommy MY playdate had to end too. Unlike a 2 yr old, I can get over it and control my emotions and move on. As Caroline shouts out demands in the backseat, I bite my tongue to the sarcastic remarks that WANT to fly out of my mouth. I have to remind myself I AM THE PARENT, I AM THE PARENT. I say this over and over in my head. I then begin to pray aloud (which we do often in our house) and the demanding 2 yr old is yelling for me to stop. Rebellion is in all our hearts. I then told the jezebel to just GO in Jesus Christ's name and the yelling ceased instantly. Thank God. I do thank God for every day, even the hard parenting days because I know God has a plan for me and my family.

No comments: