Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy New Year from Maryland

We had a quiet and peaceful Christmas weekend with burst of excitement from the youngest member. We didn't get out of bed on Christmas morning till 8:30 and that is almost unheard of in our household but greatly accepted. When we got downstairs I had our TV set to a station that had a yule-log burning and it actually looked like we had a fireplace going with Christmas music in the background. Caroline was more interested in that and didn't even notice presents under the tree. When she did see them her eyes got big and as she gestured with her hands as to point toward the packages, she exclaimed "Oh wow presents for me?!" Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of this but the paparazzi has to rest sometimes. haha. She opened one present at a time, and got a little frustrated with the amount of tape mommy used to secure the surprises hidden under the holiday paper. But by the time we made it to Gramma's house she was a pro and was going to town. After Caroline opened one present she would take it all apart or dump it on the floor and play with it for a few minutes and then go to the next one. At the end we had a pile of toys. It was really neat to see this. We then got ready to head over to Gramma's for brunch and more present opening. As I was getting Caroline dressed she asked if we were going to Gramma's to get more presents. I told her I don't know. She then said well Gramma will say yes or no. Right, Caroline. We get to Gramma's and Caroline makes a bee-line to the living room and greatly shouts-more presents! But we had to have our brunch first and Caroline gladly obliged. We enjoyed our time at Gramma's and got a nice family picture. Some friends later showed up and it was nice to talk to them and they also enjoy talking to Caroline-recently someone commented on how Caroline is the conversationalist, and that she is.

Now I would like to share a little something about this time of year. I grew up in a church and of course I was taught all the things we do during Christmas and that it's Jesus' birthday (and I enjoyed these traditions). As I read the new testiment no where does it say anything about 'christmas' and that we are to celebrate Christ's birthday. But it does tell about the birth of Jesus Christ and I am so thankful God gave us all a Savior who died, was buried, and rose again for our salvation. That is what I want to celebrate today and everyday. God bless and happy 2007!

No comments: