Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Gingerbread House?



Today was the day to make our gingerbread house. I remember making one a few years back, BC *before Caroline* and it was so cute. After breakfast I get the kit out and Caroline is already excited and bouncing around (so what's a little more sugar to start our day?!). I lay out all the pieces and get the icing ready to 'glue' the house together. After sampling the sprinkles, gumdrops, icing, and of course actually eating the gingerbread cookie the kit came with, we proceeded with our mini construction project. Twenty minutes later, after many attempts to keep the house from falling apart, I laid all our pieces out and told Caroline have at it-let's decorate cookies! At one time I would of got frustrated b/c our house didn't turn out exactly like the picture, but not anymore. We had fun squeezing the icing from the tube and pouring sprinkles ALL over the place. I even caught the little one with her mouth around the icing tube-so we won't be sharing these cookies with anyone. Watching the thrill Caroline got playing in all this stuff put a smile on my face.

No comments: